Thursday, July 7, 2011

Austin Jenckes And The First Call

This Seattle-based singer-songwriter has joined with a band and the result is outstanding synergy.
As Austin Jenckes sings through many of these 12 tracks, sharing about how he “could be your everything,” in Give you What You Need, or reflecting on a Small Town Girl, he transitions from soft folk and jazz to driving country with beats and distortion – never losing this band’s unique signature, and never letting the accompaniment overcome the message.

You can sample, or pick up this album from the artist’s site or by using the player above. Amazon.com also carries his earlier, excellent solo effort, Coming of Age.
This group makes a great hard-country drive in Dyin’ Bed, where Jenckes intones, “Believe me, I never believed, no sir, 10 years later I’d be singing the words. I’ve seen lots of faces. Listened to plenty stories.  Now it’s my turn to go for the glory.”
I don’t regret any of the 12 tracks on the latest record, but I’d like many more like Dyin’ Bed. Soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment